Sparx* Are you a Senior Lead Artist in the computer games industry who is into the idea of having a “vacation” in another country while doing what you love to do? Does working with a group of young, dynamic, eager to learn artists taking on the biggest client names in the movies and game industry, something only a few studios have access to appeal to you? If so, Join us on The Sparx Side in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!
- You need to be a people person and be able to manage expectations in both directions, those of your clients and those of your team.
- Manage teams of Junior and Senior 3D / 2D model and texture artists coordinated by Team Leaders engaged in Gen 4 projects.
- Communication with clients is a big part of this role, not only about artistic and technical matters but you will be required to instill confidence in our product.
- Use your technical expertise to decide which technologies to pursue and which to avoid when establishing art production pipelines in coordination with client’s needs.
- Ensure technical and artistic quality of deliverables
- Proven ability to interpret a game project's art goals, and lead the team to meet objectives to fulfill those goals
- Participate to recruitment and training of new talent
- Excellent 3D experience in one or more software, 3D Studio Max or Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance, Mari, any game engine knowledge a bonus, Unreal, Unity, Frostbite etc.
- Strong artistic aptitudes, experience and skills in 2D design, drawing, painting, or clay sculpting etc.
- Experience creating and optimizing art pipelines
- Experience managing teams of “creative geniuses”
- Passionate about game development
- Highly organized individual with an eye for details and a passion for leading and mentoring
- Around 10 years’ experience as a CG artist, with at least 3 of those as Lead Artist, Senior Artist or Art Team Leader. A successful applicant will have hands-on technical experience including X-Box, PS3 and PS2, and proven track record on real-time 3D games.
- Special Note: A Bachelor degree in Arts, Graphic design or with 5+ years’ experience in the computer games industry is required by law for work permits.
- Good working knowledge of English is a must, Vietnamese a bonus but a translator is also provided.
WHY JOIN US?
- Young and dynamic studio
- Work in a multi-cultural, international setting
- The best clients from the biggest studios
- Unleash your potential!
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.