Lead C++ Software Engineer
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, write technical design Code of the project including network synchronization, AI, render effect and etc.
- Profiling code to optimize software components of a game, research cutting-edge algorithms and techniques.
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
- Helping Game Producers in allocating the Game Developers according to task complexity and employees skills
- Assigning, planning and tracking tasks completion according to requirements (e.g., type of work & schedule) provided by Game Producers and common work agreements with the different departments
- Reporting to Game Producers on daily basis ETA on tasks completions, team composition and issues regarding team members
- Helping her/his fellow team members when issues arise such as bugs, close deadlines, amount of work to be performed, urgent changes implementation, etc.
- Reporting immediately to the Technical Director regarding any blockages, unresolved issues and other impediments to the production.
- Helping to analyze and/or create technical design documentation for project(s) they are handling
- Studying game code and identifies the processes required for the team to be able to quickly create builds;
- Studying new platforms with the Technical Director to ensure that teams will be able to create builds, Implement features, and utilize device features;
- Monitoring code implementation and makes sure that the teams are following correct coding conventions and proper commenting of their code
- Safeguarding build deliverables by implementing a code lock to ensure that deliverables maintain quality
- Evaluating members of his/her team, identifying strengths, problem areas (i.e. lack of skills, attendance issues, attitude problems)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 7+ working experience of in games industry is required and Proficiency with C++ programming skills
- Good communication skills in English and able to work in English-speaking working environment
- Good co-ordination skill and communication skills，keep composure under pressure
- Ability to multi-task ,conflict resolution and problem solving ability
- Creativity and innovation in professional terms
- Experience in AI, Graphics and Rendering
- Supervision/Management experience
- Experience in platform specific APIs
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM
- Aware of the importance of code quality, performance and memory
- Aware of (ripple) effects from any kind of changes, both code and data
- Know the inter-dependencies between systems in an Application.
Please send us your CV via [email protected](Shanghai).
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.