Virtuos is looking for a true technical leader, capable of driving innovation across the group. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to propose and conduct software, pipeline and tools development projects aimed at taking our teams of artists and game developers to the cutting edge of technology.
Preferably based in Shanghai (Ho Chi Minh, Singapore and Paris are also a possibility)
- Define and prioritize the software application solutions and tools needed to give Virtuos a technological edge
- Build a development and deployment plan with a yearly roadmap and propose associated budget
- Supervise internal and external programming teams of 15 to 25 developers.
- Manage communication with vendors for tools development and deployment
- Coordinate with IT Department for efficient deployment and use of system resources
- Chair weekly meetings with all studios of the group to coordinate needs, actions and share tools / methods
- Report to management on the progress of the Roadmap completion
- Evangelize the tools to internal and external clients
- 8-15 years relevant development leadership experience in Media and digital Entertainment sector: video-games, animation, VFX, computer graphics.
- Experience in areas like Animation, Lighting, Rendering, Web Services, Content Data Pipelines, Production Workflows, Automated QA
- Working knowledge of Python, Pymel, Maya, optionally Max, Nuke, Scripting and Render dispatching (Ideally Muster)
- Excellent project management skills, service and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent reading and writing skills in English (Daily communication with an international team)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Please send us your CV via [email protected](Shanghai).
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.