Shanghai – March 23, 2017 –During GDC 2017 in San Francisco the Virtuos team delivered an in depth talk about our work on the Star Wars universe across different mediums and the artistic challenges in finding a balance between consistency and specificity for each of these Star Wars entities. Featuring Kristian Pedlow and Jake Digennaro from Virtuos as well as Christopher Winters Senior Art Director from Disney Interactive and Russell Paul Star Wars ILM Asset Supervisor from ILM the session was a huge success .
Watch the video below and you will learn how each Star Wars project has a unique look and feel, while simultaneously be distinctive Star Wars. See how Virtuos navigates the intricate style demands for everything from The Force Awakens, to Star Wars Rebels, and more.
Over the past decade, the Virtuos team has nurtured and strengthen our relationship with Lucas Art, Lucas Animation, ILM and other Disney studios on:
- The games, such as Force Unleashed 1 back in 2008 then Force Unleashed 2. As well as the Infinity franchise in addition to the mobile hit Star Wars Commander.
- Live action movies, with ILM since 2008 and since 2014 on the Star Wars franchise with The Force Awakens.
- On TV series, such as Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels making full shot production and episodes.
- Last but not least, On VR projects such as Trials on Tatooine.
- For more news about Virtuos, please visit: www.virtuosgames.com/en/news
- For business enquiries, please contact: [email protected]
Founded in 2004, Virtuos Holdings Pte. Ltd. is a leading videogame content production company with operations in Singapore, China, Vietnam, Canada, France, Japan, Ireland, and the United States. With 1,600 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and 3D art production for AAA consoles, PC, and mobile titles, enabling its customers to generate additional revenue and achieve operational efficiency. For over a decade, Virtuos has successfully delivered high quality content for over 1,300 projects and its customers include 18 of the top 20 digital entertainment companies worldwide. For more information, please visit: www.virtuosgames.com