Virtuos is proud to have been the sponsor of D.I.C.E Direct and Arcade Bar at D.I.C.E Summit 2022, held physically in Las Vegas from 22 to 24 February this year.
Held in conjunction with D.I.C.E. Awards, the annual D.I.C.E. Summit is a cornerstone event of the games and interactive entertainment industry which gathers the best and brightest minds to explore innovative and ground-breaking ways to evolve the industry’s creative scene.
D.I.C.E. Arcade, Hosted by Virtuos
Our representatives from Virtuos North America and CounterPunch – A Virtuos Studio (CounterPunch) were delighted to be invited to the three-day conference, meeting fellow game developers from all over the world and exchanging new and innovative ideas with each other. It was a rare opportunity to reconnect with everyone in person and discuss key issues faced by the industry during the roundtable sessions, including hot topics such as the evolution of VR, future gaming business models and the metaverse.
“D.I.C.E has always presented a unique opportunity for leaders in our industry to connect, discuss, and share thoughts on the future of our medium. After two full years of staring at colleagues from a computer monitor, it was so amazing to reconnect with so many friends in person,” said Jake Digennaro, General Manager of Virtuos North America.
Jake Digennaro (left) and Kay Arutyunyan (right)
“The Virtuos team made a big in-person splash at the D.I.C.E Summit last week with our sponsorship and participation. It was a great opportunity for us to finally meet some of our own team members for the first time in a long while, as well as getting to connect with existing and future clients in person again,” Kay Arutyunyan, General Manager of CounterPunch, shared with us after the event.
We would also like to congratulate our partners at Square Enix, 343 Industries, Insomniac Games, and Playground Games on their wins at the 25th D.I.C.E. Awards!
- Outstanding Achievement in Story: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Square Enix)
- Adventure Game of the Year: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Square Enix)
- Action Game of the Year: Halo Infinite (343 Industries)
- Online Game of the Year: Halo Infinite (343 Industries)
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Outstanding Technical Achievement: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Family Game of the Year: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Racing Game of the Year: Forza Horizon 5 (Playground Games)
Virtuos is honored to have worked alongside the teams who poured their hearts and souls into the amazing games they’ve developed for fans and players all over the world.
See you at D.I.C.E. Summit 2023!